Friends’ we have just started our new channel on YouTube “SwapNav Kitchen” to share amazing food recipes that we love to cook at home for our viewers. So, here we go, this is our first video recipe, starting with king of all vegetables “Potato”. Baked garlic potatoes are super delicious and super easy to make in less than an hour.
The Recipe: Baked Garlic Potatoes
You may also try out this recipe at home and believe me everybody is gonna love this tasty recipe. Preparation is super easy and the list of ingredients and equipment required for this recipe are provided below the video. First of all, let’s watch the Video that describes each and every steps and ingredient required to make this delicious recipe.
- Potatoes (15-20 medium size): try to take potatoes of similar sizes or cut the bigger potatoes in half to make it all in a similar size.
- Garlic Cloves (8-10 cloves)
- Olive Oil (2-3 tablespoon)
- Chilli Flakes (1/2 tablespoon- you may add more as per your taste)
- Dry Garlic (Optional)
- Dry oregano/any other dry or green herb as per your palate. Rosemary will do wonder in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Aluminium foil (optional)
- Baking tray
- First of all, peel some potatoes and keep them submerged in water.
- Put some water and salt in a saucepan and boil it.
- Once the water starts boiling, add peeled potatoes into the pan and let it boil for 10 mins only. in 10 minutes potatoes will be half boiled and will be fit for baking in the oven.
- Pre-heat OTG/Oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Put an aluminium foil on a baking tray. this step is optional and you may also use your baking tray without aluminium foil. with aluminium foil on, it makes cleaning of the tray easier.
- Grease the baking tray with olive oil (you may also use any other oil that suites to your palate).
- Put the half-boiled potatoes in a single layer in the baking tray as shown in the above video.
- Sprinkle crushed pepper and a pinch of salt
- Bake it for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Finally, prepare the marination by adding all the herbs in Olive oil and most importantly keep it aside for 20 minutes. This allows the flavours to infuse in the oil.
- Take out the baking potatoes from the oven after 30 minutes and spread the marination prepared in above step 9, as described in our video.
- Again put the potatoes (after marination) into the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degree Celsius for final baking.
- After 15 minutes, take out the potatoes from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot, you may also sprinkle some fresh coriander leave over the baked potatoes to enhance the flavour and look.
That’s it, friends, your homemade baked garlic potatoes are ready. Enjoy it with your family and friends.
The final task is for you
Friends, please let us know in the comment section about your feedback and suggestions which will help us in improving our quality.
You may also watch this recipe on YouTube
Last but not least, if you like our recipe please LIKE and SHARE our video and blog and SUBSCRIBE to your YouTube Channel “SwapNav Kitchen“