Rawa Idli and Coconut Chutney is a South Indian recipe, which is also quite popular in most of the parts of our country. Rawa idli is made up of Rawa/Sooji/Semolina and curd. Coconut Chutney as the name suggests is primarily coconut with some grams and curd. It is easy to cook and easy to digest. We are sharing a very simple way of cooking this recipe at home, and it takes only 30 min to cook both idli and chutney. It is a perfect light breakfast or a snack recipe but it can be enjoyed at any time.
Direction for Rava Idli
- Add curd, water and salt to Rava and mix it well (Keep it aside for 10-15 min)
- Add fruit salt/ ENO to make it softer.
- Grease the idli stand and add the mixture.
- Steam it for 5-10 minutes and it is done.
- Use a spoon to scoop out idlis into a bowl.
Direction for Coconut Chutney
- Add vegetable oil/mustard oil in a heated pan.
- Add soaked chana dal (chickpea lentil) along with chillies and coconut (dry or fresh) pieces.
- Sauté it for a while (2-3 minutes).
- Grind it in a grinder, add curd and again grind for 10 seconds.
- Transfer the coconut chutney to a bowl
- Now for tadka (tempering), heat mustard oil in a wok or tadka pan, add mustard seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Sauté it well (around 30 seconds).
- Pour the entire tempering (tadka) into the coconut chutney and the chutney is ready.
Enjoy this Coconut chutney with idli and let me know in the comment section how do you like it?